Olaf's Personal Datasheet
SO! You want to know who I am ??
Click on the photo for another picture
- My name is Olaf Eichler ,
- I was born in Bochum, West Germany
- on September 17th, 1972.
- I am 6 feet 3.5 inches (192cm) tall.
- I weigh...well, maybe I'm too short.
And now for something completely different... :
- This is where I went to school.
- I did my compulsory military service in a
of the navy.
- After that, I studied
physics at the
- Besides assisting in practical courses and freshmen-support, I worked at the plasma physics department
- I wrote my
in applied laser technology
(Laseranwendungstechnik und Meßsysteme).
I used to work as an IT-specialist at the Max-Planck-Institute für Eisenforschung GmbH in
There, I was responsible (among other tasks) for running an Apple XSAN for 350 employees.
Currently, I fulfill a position as desk officer in the IT department at BaFin, where I am responsible for maintaining a DOMEA document management system for roughly 1800 employees.
- Here's to my friends current and past.
- People, I miss dearly my mom, my grandma.
call sign is
- Want to talk ?
- I love playing
and of course there is a webpage to glorify our team....
- Finally, I learned how to
move my feet
according to music instead of always tripping over them :-).
- Babylon 5 rulez !
- I read comics and science fiction.
- I used to draw comics and science fiction stuff.
- I like to travel a lot and take photos while doing so.
- My photographic work can also be found here.
- Yes, I do use my computer quite often, why ?